Misty Roses
Misty Roses
Misty Roses
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Misty Roses

A dark fantasy supernatural role play site. All are welcome. Characters can be posted as well

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Short Story

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

Short Story Empty
PostSubject: Short Story   Short Story EmptySun Aug 06, 2017 4:04 am

The waves crashed gently against the rocks; spraying sea water around. The air was crisp, clean; salty sea air mixed with the scents of trees from the surrounding forest. The rising sun was bringing a little bit of warmth to the small, secluded beach. The sky was a dazzling array of colors; orange, pink, red, blue; all peaking through amongst the dispersing clouds. The sunrise was just as beautiful as the sunset; the colors just as dazzling and enchanting. The peace the beach brought was one not found anywhere else.

Emily laid out on the sand; feet buried, propped up on her elbows. She had stayed throughout the night, watching the sunset. Her blonde hair flowed freely in the breeze, a few strands brushing her face. Her light blue eyes were glued to the waves and the glistening water. She loved sitting out and watching the water dance and glisten, almost as if it were giving her a show meant just for her. She felt the most peace here, letting her mind go blank. Nothing seemed to matter here; for her, time itself seemed to stop.

The beach was Emily's go to place to be alone. But this time, she hadn't come alone. Emerging from the forest, Sam walked out, yawning. He had spent the night in the forest, Emily keeping an eye on him every now and again. He sat down next to Emily, wrapping his arms around her waist and kissing her neck. He felt like the luckiest man in the world; not only did he have a gorgeous girlfriend, but she cared and loved for him in a way no one else had. He knew in her he found the one to spend eternity with, and Emily felt the exact same way about Sam. In her mind, they were made for each other; like two puzzle pieces needed to finish the puzzle. He was her missing piece, the one who made her feel whole and complete.

Emily leaned back into Sam, twining his fingers between hers. The smile on her face could tell a million stories, a smile only he could bring to her face. His warm body felt nice against her natural cold body. She could feel the tension ease in his body as she leaned into him, a soft sigh escaping his lips. For a while they didn't speak; only sat there watching the ocean, enjoying their embrace. They couldn't tell how much time had passed before either of them spoke, but when they did they spoke so softly; scared that talking too loud would disturb the peace and serenity of the moment.

"Sam..." Emily's voice carried so softly it almost got lost in the breeze. She knew he could hear her though; they somehow always knew what the other was saying, even if no words were spoken or if they talked in their lowest voices possible. "I'm so glad you came into my life. Youre my missing link, the person that completes me. Before you, I never knew what true love felt like. I had my heart broken countless times, so many that I never thought I could find true love. But then you came along, and turned my world upside down. You've shown me so much unconditional love, caring for me in a way no other man besides my father has. I appreciate everything you've done for me, and will always appreciate what you do for me. I promise to love you until the end of time, and will always be there for you when you need me." She gently lifted his hand and brought it to her lips, lightly kissing the top. "I love you, now and forever."

Her words brought tears to his eyes. He knew how much she loved him; she told him countless times. But every time she declared her love for him, he always welled up with emotion. Blinking away the tears, he leaned down and kissed her cheek.

"Emily..." She could talk about her feelings so poetically, but he struggled to piece together the words to tell her how he felt. "Ever since you came into my life, I knew you were the one for me. You changed my life in so many ways, all for the better. You gave me hope when I was hopeless, and love when I felt loveless. You have always been my rock, my strength. You helped me out in more ways than you know, and I will always be grateful for what you have done for me. As long as I walk this earth, I will always love you, no matter what. I will love you until death parts us, and even in the afterlife I will find you. You are the best thing to have ever happened to me, and my heart beats for you. I love you, my princess." He finished his words with a soft kiss to her lips, a sweet and delicate kiss to seal his words.

They sat together, in a soft embrace for hours. Neither wanted to move, and neither wanted to leave the serenity they felt. The sun rose and the sun set, and they never once moved; just sat there, holding onto each other, letting time pass them by.
Back to top Go down

Short Story
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Misty Roses :: The Beach-
Jump to: